Saturday 17 November 2012

Shabbat Music Break

I am often ridiculed by my friends for my love of and passion for country music. I, on the other hand, prefer to look at it as part of my eclectic musical tastes. I refuse to close off any genre simply because of a presupposed bias. (That said...me and hip hop....not a great fit!) And anyway.....country music is just a natural extension of my passion for folk, blues, and roots. I discovered Sugarland in their earliest days before they hit it big. I just love the uniqueness of Jennifer Nettles voice and how she can equally sell a ballad with tremendous emotion, or push forward a hard driving, high charged raunch with massive energy. Baby Girl was their first breakthrough hit in 2004 and it came at a time when they were still a trio as opposed to the duo they are today. Please enjoy and Shabbat Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. I hate the categorization of musical styles (e.g. rock, country, folk, pop, blues, etc). I am one of those people who believes that there are really only two kinds of music - god and bad.

    ReplyDelete