Wednesday 6 November 2013

Almost Wordless Wednesday

Blogging can be an emotional experience as I rediscovered with yesterday's post. Sometimes it just makes sense to stop and admire the wonders and beauty of the world around us. It is one of the reasons that I have decided to include a Mostly Wordless Wednesday into this year's submissions for blogapalooza. (That, and because as I have previously stated I am fundamentally lazy and these visual posts will eat up at least four days.) I thought that I might share some of the most beautiful natural experiences that I have had over this past year.

Today's photo comes from the southern part of the Northern Territory of Australia. We had the privilege of visiting Uluru (also known as Ayers Rock) just as the sun was beginning to set. That said it was still almost 50 degrees celsius. I was moved by the religiosity of the site and the intense manner by which it is fiercely protected by Native Australians. It is so much more than mere sandstone in the Outback.


No comments:

Post a Comment