Friday 1 September 2017

A Brief Moment in Time Captured in GIFS

A brief moment in time told in GIFS over the next three days.

30 years ago today, on this exact date in history, I looked a lot like this.



I was nine months pregnant, still and always 4'11" tall (give or take half an inch), and every single step I took resembled this.



It was one of the hotter summers Toronto had endured in a very long time, so I took to spending most of July and August like this in my parent's pool.



As steamy August drifted into the first day of September, I was still a full two weeks from my due date. I was itching for the invading host to depart my body so that we could finally meet face to face. I knew that the calendar was not my friend and I was completely resigned to a Rosh Hashana baby.

But...the universe has an odd way of reminding us that we are never in control and that plans made are plans shredded.

On this particular September 1st, I received word that a very dear friend had passed away. She was a constant in my life and I had been very excited for her to meet our new tiny human. The sadness I experienced was overwhelming.



As I heaved and cried, I did what any normal and very pregnant woman would do when given absolutely horrible news. I immediately went into labour.



The Husband, being a diligent father-to-be, called the doctor and asked what he thought we should do. He told us to wait at home for a bit in order to move the process along before we headed to the hospital. So, for most of the rest of that September 1st thirty years ago, this was me.



With some of this...



Mixed in with a lot of this....



for the loss of my friend.

Keep watching this space. The best is yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment